Candle Making

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Safe Gel Checklist:

I use only certified Penreco Versagel™ (U.S. Patent No. 5,879,694).
I use only Fragrance Oils with a flash point over 170° F.
I use only Non-Polar fragrance oils & each batch is tested for polarity.
No more than 5% fragrance has been added in Medium & High density gel,
and no more than 3% in Low density gel.
The fragrance oil has been mixed in VERY thoroughly.
I use only heat safe glassware or containers that have been safety tested.
I use only wicks with an extended neck length of at least 6mm or 10mm.
I use only non-flammable decorative embed items in any part of the gel that could
come in contact with the flame, and these embeds have been safety tested.
Any possibly flammable objects are protected by an inner glass and cannot come
in contact with the flame.
I label each candle with the proper caution labels.
Each new batch of candles is thoroughly test burned for safety before being sold.

No comments: